Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spinach and feta

   Some neighbors were over for dinner last night. I made spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms as an app.. I had more filling than I needed, so as usual, I put it into a ramekin and saved it for today.  Today while I was heating up some leftover potatoes in the toaster oven, I put the Spinach and feta mixture in the oven also. I enjoy that little dish of spinach and feta so much, I decided that I had to share it with whomever might want to make it. It would make a great and unusual vegetable to accompany just about any main course.

   1 bag cleaned and washed spinach
   1/2 bunch green onions, white part only finely chopped
   1 clove garlic minced
   1 tsp. olive oil
   4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
   1 egg lightly beaten
   1/4 cup romano cheese
   fresh ground black pepper to taste

   Cook spinach in a pot with a little water till wilted. Set aside in a colander to drain and cool. In a small saute pan heat the oil, onion, and garlic until softened.  Squeeze out as much moisture from the spinach as you can.Transfer the spinach to a cutting board and chop it fine.  Put the spinach, onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly in 4 small ramekins. Bake for 20- 25 minutes at 350. If you need more servings or want to cut down on the cheese just either add another bag of spinach at the start, for more or, use only 2 oz. of feta. You could use frozen chopped spinach, but there's no substitute for fresh. It's like OMG. Enjoy

      Ciao for now,    Garlichut


  

No comments:

Post a Comment