Monday, December 1, 2014

Quick chicken dish surprise

   When I was busy working on My thanksgiving goose, I put together a quick chicken dish that was a pleasant surprise.

   1 Tbls. Veg. oil
   Flour for dredging
   1 Chicken breast halved width wise (to make it thinner)
   3 cloves garlic diced
   3 sun dried tomatoes diced
   1 Tbls. capers
   Juice of  1/2 lemon
   1/4 cup white wine
   2 Tbls. butter
   S+P

   Saute dredged chicken breast halves in a pan in the oil over medium high heat. When the first side is lightly browned. turn over and when it is cooked slightly on the second side add the garlic, sun dried tomato, and capers. After about 1 minute, add lemon juice and wine. Turn down heat and reduce till a little liquid remains. remove from heat and stir in the butter till melted.
   The surprise in this dish for me was the combination of the lemon and sun dried tomato, which I thought was an unusual combination that I thought worked very well.

 Buon Apetitto   Ciao for now,  Garlichut

 

No comments:

Post a Comment