Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Holy Cyberspace

OK OK, Last week All I was doing was writing recipes and putting them on my blog with no viewers. Now it seems that with the help of my brother, (The king of contacts) I might have some interested acquaintances. Since I consider myself technologically deficient, all viewers should realize that there are certainly a number of limitations.
     I went to a super bowl party and brought Homemade crocodile bread and breaded pieces of chicken tenders. I made a bbq sauce, chipotle mayo and had some hot sauce. (big hit) (Go giants)
    Since I had extra BBQ sauce, this week I made BBQ chicken. It was a little different version. I took a whole chicken and simmered it with some onion and garlic for about an hour and a quarter. Then cooled it, pulled the meat and shredded it and added BBQ sauce. Just like pulled pork, but in this case pulled ckicken. I was pretty happy with the results.
     BBQ Sauce
       1 cup sugar
       1/2 cup finely chopped onion
       3 cloves finely chopped garlic
       1cup red wine vinegar
       1 Tbls. dijon mustard
       15 oz. can tomato sauce
       1/2 cup worchestershire sauce
       1 tsp. black pepper
       1/3 cup molasses
   Heat sugar in 3 qt. saucepan over medium high heat, stirring frequently until sugar melts and turns light brown. Immediatly add the onion and garlic Stir for 10 to 15 seconds, then add vinegar and stir till mixture dissolves. Add the rest of ingredients and simmer to reduce and thicken.
   If you'd like to spice it up add 3 finely chopped  chipotle peppers.
         Ciao for now Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment