Saturday, February 18, 2012

Salad continued

Hi,
    Yesterday I tried to explain my reasoning for how I arrived at the combination of flavors that make up my balsamic vinaigrette. In my second blog I talked about stepping out of my comfort zone and coming up with new flavors. Mostly all I did was reduce my reliance on balsamic vinaigrette and used red wine vinegar, lemon, combinations of herbs, and other flavorful ingredients to produce some great flavor combinations,
     This was one of the salads,
    Boston lettuce, arugula, spinach, red leaf lettuce, blanched fennel, red onion, finely chopped parsley, chopped fresh basil, a little romano cheese, and a red wine vinegar vinaigrette.
     Then to offer up a slight variation, another day I made:
    Boston lettuce, red leaf lettuce, red onion, tomato, cucumber, sliced green Sicilian olives, capers, a little dried oregano, fresh copped parsley copped fresh basil, some grated cheese, and a red wine vinegar vinaigrette.
    I used all kinds of variations of ingredients to keep things interesting.
       Ciao for now,   Garlichut

No comments:

Post a Comment